9.27.2006

"Never wear your destiny outside your smile..."

There are so many things that I have learned over the last four years that no institution taught me.

People are an invaluable resource, and we rarely take the time out to express how much we care. It's not that we are being selfish or don't appreciate the people who get us through each day. We have just become too busy to share these feelings on a regular basis.

I'm very fortunate to have people in my life from various stages of my development. There are people I talk to who I have known for anywhere from a few months to nearly 22 years. And regardless of how long I have known each person, they are all precious to me in their own ways.

I've been thinking about this a great deal lately, and wanted to share my appreciation with the blogging community. My family is going through some tough times right now with health concerns and other issues. Without the network of people I have the extreme pleasure to be a part of, I could never make it through.

Take some time today, and everyday, to share your feelings with people who matter to you. If not for these wonderful beings, we couldn't achieve our potential and would never be in control of our own destiny.


*blog title taken from Des'ree's "Strong Enough"*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up. Focus all your love in those who need it. Let yourself go in favor of your love ones. Be a bridge between the Higher Love and those around you.

9/27/2006 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You matter in my life and in Danny's life. If we all stay together and can be there for one another, we can get through this tough time. The love we all share will pull us through.

Love always,
Big N

10/05/2006 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home