8.24.2006

Back at the Pilot Pen



I was able to return to the tournament action again today in time to catch two of Russia's finest tennis players mid-set, as seen from the top of the main court in the photo above. Svetlana Kuznetsova defeated Elena Dementieva two sets to one.

This was the first time I saw a tennis match in person. Sure, I had watched them on TV whenever I flipped by one, but I never stopped to really watch it. I was fascinated.

These women were running all over the place, playing hard and hitting balls that I would run away from. The sounds of agony at a mistake, the cheering of the crowd as a player scored... it gave me a new appreciation for the sport.

And the fans... they came in all shapes and sizes. I was impressed at the age range, from small children to older adults who were completely engaged in the action.

Play on, Pilot Pen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home