7.27.2006

And so it begins...

It's not like we don't realize this will happen. College is over, and people need to head their separate ways. This is a given, and we think that we are prepared for it to happen. After all, we spent summers apart from each other, how different can it be?

Oh, so very different indeed. Last weekend I went to a send-off party for one of my closest friends. She is a Trumbull native, but will be attending University of Michigan for her graduate degree. I've known that this was something she wanted to do for a while now but it didn't really hit me until I got to her house Saturday: Jessie is leaving.

Now, I'm sure a number of my friends from home in NYC had the same realization when I told them I would be living/working in CT and not returning to Queens. I guess I never saw it from this side.

My friends from the past are home in New York. My friends from college are back in their home states or off to grad school. And I'm here, blogging in CT and wondering what I am going to do.

So while I try to figure out how to divide up my precious days off so that I can make as many friend and family visits as possible, I just want to say good luck to you, Jessie, and to all of the members of the Class of 2006 who are heading on to higher education. Don't forget about your pals back home, because we miss you already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home