8.17.2006

So this is the Pilot Pen...



I had heard the name in passing over the last four years, but never knew what it was all about. I've never been an avid sports fan; I like baseball and (recently) hockey, but beyond Olympic events I never branched beyond these two sports. My knowledge of tennis was limited to the intense grunts of the Williams sisters (I'd hate to be on the receiving end of their anger, that's all. Sounds like they have a lot of pent up energy).


Now that I work for the New Haven Register, I have the chance to cover this nine-day tennis tournament my way. I'll be looking at the scenery, the people, the atmosphere and feel from the perspective of the newbie - new to the Pilot Pen and to the world of tennis.

Today I had the chance to go behind the scenes before the action happened. Whatever days I can, I will be going back to report on what I see and the stories that happen around the play. Check back to see what I found in the Players' Lounge, what the grounds look like and what I feel as I go through the next nine days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home