5.24.2007

"How will I ever decide what I truly want to be? Doctor, lawyer, no - that's not me..."

On Friday, May 25 (which is tomorrow for me as I'm writing Thursday night) I will not be at work. No, I'm not going on vacation. No, I'm not covering a story. I was asked to speak at my high school's first ever Career Day.

Now first off I should let it be known that I love my high school. In fact, I loved it so much that I worked there for 3 summers after I graduated. The friends I made there, both other students as well as faculty and staff member, are still very dear to me and I always try to get back there when I can.

Needless to say when I was asked to speak to 9th, 10th and 11th graders, I was thrilled. Look at me, 22 years old, going to speak at Career Day with around 30 other alums from all different years and backgrounds. Seems surreal to me.

I know that I wouldn't be where I am today (or who I am today) without the good folks at Marty Lu in Maspeth, Queens, NY. Tomorrow should be a blast.

I encourage all of you to give a little something of yourself back to the folks who got you where you are today, whether that means helping out at your high school or college, sending an old friend a letter to say hi and catch... whatever it is you want to do. After all, there is no future without our past.

Talk to you soon! And Happy Memorial Day!

*blog title taken from my college friends' band Camera Shy Paparazzi's song "Fake Diaries"*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home